For the fact hounds...
Tramway Idea Conceived: The Great Orme Tramway Act was passed by Parliament in 1898
Ownership: The Great Orme Tramway Company 1898 - 1948. Llandudno Urban District Council from 1/1/1949 and following local government re-organisation in 1974, control passed to Aberconwy Borough Council. In 1977, the tramway reverted to its original name “The Great Orme Tramway.” and it is now run by Conwy County Borough Council.
Original Contractors: R White & Son of Widnes, England
Lower Track: Started: April 1901; Opened: July 1902; Length: 797 metres; Gradient 1:3.9 (max); Gauge: 1067mm; Winding engine power: Electric (since 1957)
Upper Track: Opened: 8 July 1903; Length: 756 metres; Gradient: 1:10.3 (max); Gauge: 1067mm; Winding engine power: Electric (since 1957)
First Fare Paying Passengers: 31 July 1902
Fare 1902: 2s 6d (GBP £ 0 . 12.5) Season Ticket: 15s (GBP £0.75)
Victoria Station: Opened in 1904.
New Halfway Station: Opened on 20 September 2001
Accidents: August 1932 - 2 Killed (Re-opened in 1934)
Communication: 1902 - Telephone and bell code system. Since 2001 a Doppelmayr inductive loop communication and control system, running the full length of the trackway. The winchman, at the halfway house, also has a VDU monitor and tram position indicator.
Open for passengers: 10am to 5pm each day - March to October